SEK Multi-County Health Department
Child Care Licensing
Southeast Kansas Multi-County Health Departments work with child care providers in Allen, Anderson, Franklin, Greenwood, Linn and Woodson counties. For Child Care Licensing in Bourbon County, contact the Crawford County Health Department.
According to Kansas Child Care Licensing Law, anyone providing care for children other than those related by blood, marriage, or adoption, must be licensed with the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
Looking for Child Care?
Before selecting a child care facility, families may do a provider compliance history check using the Kansas Child Care and Early Education Portal at the Child Care and Early Education Portal.
We also encourage you to check out Child Care Aware® of Kansas. Child Care Aware is the administrator of the statewide Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) network in Kansas. They help to:
- Ensure that families have access to affordable, high-quality child care
- Offer a referral service that makes locating quality child care programs quick and easy
- Provide checklists and other print resources, seminars and personal assistance to help parents make informed choices
For more information on child care providers in Kansas visit the ChildCare Aware of Kansas website.
Wanting to get licensed as a Child Care Provider?
Prior to applying for a license you must first contact the Child Care Licensing Surveyor for your county to complete the orientation process.
Contact us today for more information!
Allen County: Megan Neville, (620) 365-2191
Anderson, Franklin and Linn Counties: Samantha Mason, (785) 448-6559
Greenwood and Woodson Counties: Chardel Hastings, (620) 625-2484
For more information on becoming a day care provider visit the Child Care Aware of Kansas website. They offer many opportunities and valuable support for providers and staff including:
- KQRIS — a tiered quality rating and improvement system for licensed child care programs
- Training programs across the state at all levels including e-Learning, a new online training program, and BELIEF Leadership Institute
- Information about professional development
- Grant opportunities and financial support for the cost of tuition, books, mileage and release time through T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Kansas
- For child care providers who have already obtained a Child Development Associates degree or other higher education, a salary supplement may be available (Child Care WAGE$).